When it comes to making a decision for purchases, most people prefer to make their choice from information they have gathered from peer-driven media, or by looking up search engines in a bid to get some information about the company or product to be purchased and this is where social media listening comes into place.
It help brands know what their consumers are talking about by tracking conversations around their brand.
Social Media Listening
With social media listening and monitoring, brands get to identify and access what is being said about them. This provides an opportunity for brands to build closer relationships with their audience by simply discovering (listening) and attending to their needs.
This opportunity for brands to provide solutions for their consumers by just listening to complaints makes social media listening, a customer intelligence tool.
Social media listening allows a brand create extremely engaging contents and campaigns for her audience which in turn give memories to other online spectators. With social media listening, brands get to:
- Know what people think – More insights into the opinions of consumers concerning your products and other events.
- Know what makes customers tick and make the next move – This will aid in product innovations and development
- Know how to react – With the feedback gotten from consumers, brands can know what next steps to make.
Social Media Listening Tools
Here are some social media listening tools your company can benefit from:
Importantly, you should set up your social media listening and monitoring strategy and what you aim to achieve.
- Are you looking for customer service opportunities?
- Looking out for brand influencers?
- Watching a specific hashtag or phrase?
How is your brand’s social media listening and monitoring helping your business?